Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Well now, what do we have here?

Remember a couple weeks ago when I made that post about rushing to get a paper done on time? Y'know, I had plenty of lead time but I wasted it all just because I'm lazy at my best under pressure? Well I guess I was right about the pressure thing.

I got my paper back today and I'm very satisfied with the B+ that I got on it. I had a couple mistakes on it that were really small, but as my instructor was a journalist for seven years he's going to catch them. Here are some of the notes he put on there:

Very good - the main points covered and you have an understanding of the message.

Good writing.

I would have liked to have seen your comments on the potential of "fission", but oh well.

29/33 = 88% = B+

Like I said, I'm happy with what I got considering the effort I put into it. Yes, I'm aware that if I had really tried I'd have gotten 100% and blown the instructor's mind but let's be realistic here; after a high school career of D's and sometimes C's, this is pretty damn good.

Besides, maybe the world isn't ready for my best effort :P

7 comments:

Heidi D said...

I think thats great! B+ proud Kelly.

p.s. I was watching Back to the Future the other day and I think that movie influenced you in many more ways than you may know of.

Heidi D said...

Your title made me think of the line "Well lookie what we have here"

KaTrina said...

Congrats :)

SuzanSayz said...

Gee Kelly, my biggest dream has finally come true. I actually have a kid in school that I can brag about.
Thank you

Heidi D said...

You always had Shawn. He got like strait A's all the time.

SuzanSayz said...

That is true Heidi, but I talk about Shawn so much anyway. And really, by the time he was in like his 2nd or 3rd year of High School he didn't always get A's. Sometimes he would be graded down because he wouldn't put much effort into his work.
I think him getting B's was harder on his teachers than him though.

Heidi D said...

That's just the Man! Damn the Man!