Thursday, August 27, 2009

Interesting To Somebody

This week is the Benton-Franklin County Fair. It's a pretty big deal around here and it's always the ultimate finish to summer vacation. Not for me though. I've never been interested in it (more about that in another blog to be sure), but I can appreciate other's fascination with it.

Anyway...

Every so often some big name musical acts are booked for the fair. It's not usually a band I'm particularly interested in seeing, but other people are. Even though I'm not interested, my job has afforded me a way to be of service to the various musical acts. I get to clean up after them and their crews.

Need proof? Well why else would I have posted this?

First up we have America and their culinary needs.




















These next two are for Night Ranger and whoever Church is supposed to be. I honestly have no idea.



















Hot means... well I think you get the idea.




















I decided to save the best for last. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Bucky Covington's catering list!




















When I worked Tuesday night we had all of the food for the Beach Boys in the back walk-in. Clint Black was also staying in the hotel with his three tour buses taking up space in the parking lot.

Not many people can claim to clean up after these musical acts (not many people would care or want to, I'm sure), but I feel, in a silly proximal sort of way, somewhat "cool."

I cannot stress how overworked that pair of quotation marks is. I simply cannot.

5 comments:

KaTrina said...

eww...Bucky....

Heidi D said...

Ah, the memories of working for the C list. :)

Anonymous said...

You amaze me :-) I think that's really cool too!

SuzanSayz said...

OOOOOHHH BUCKY!!!!!!!

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Wow, if "Church" was actually "The Church" I would LOVE to see them and Night Ranger on the same bill! Doesn't really match up, since The Church was British New Wave, and Night Ranger was "You Can Still Rock In America" but I loved them both..