Tuesday, February 23, 2010

28th Birthday Post-Mortem Pt 1.

Celebrating my birthday came early this year. My sister Courtney got me my first present around the 11th. She got me chocolate frosted donettes from Wal-Mart, a thing of Peachy-O's, a couple balloons (helium filled, mind you) and a card. The outside of the card read: "Know what you're getting for your birthday?" and the inside was blank :) I got a great laugh out of it, and it might be one of my favorite birthday cards ever.

Skip forward to last Friday, and the really cool stuff happened. I got to go see Everclear in concert! I've been waiting about 14 years to see them, and even though it's not the same lineup it was still incredible. I got my picture taken with Art and got an autograph too. I went with my friends Mindy and Andrew so the trip was a lot of fun too.

I missed the deadline to request the entire weekend off, so I had to work Saturday, but that went by really quick. I did manage to request Sunday and Monday off however, so Sunday dinner became my birthday dinner with the family. Donald and Lisa got me an awesome song writing book, so I'll be putting good and extended use to that for sure. So Sunday was a very good and relaxing prologue to my actual birthday on Monday.

When I realized my birthday fell on a Monday, I decided I would stay home from school. Yes, I can hear your collective gasps and takings of umbrage, but it's my birthday. Don't worry, I'm here today and I won't be absent again.

So taking advantage of my truancy, I slept in 'til about 9:40 when I got a text from my friend Mike wishing me a happy birthday. He was second only to KaTrina, who wished it to me on Facebook at 5:19AM PST (7:19AM CST). She's always very punctual. I didn't get a present from her (yet?), but then again, I never told her what I would like.

I have an idea in mind, but I'll leave that for Part 2 of my 28th Birthday Post-Mortem Extravaganza Spectacular!

2 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

WHAT!?! No picture of your birthday cake I made you??? You know, the one I had been planning since September???
Maybe for part deux.

Lisa Christine said...

I am glad that you like the song writing book.....and I am quite sure that you will make good use of it!