Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My reputation precedes me, apparently

Working in a pit isn't exactly how you gain notoriety, but where there's complete lack of effort to change that, there's a way.

I got a text from my boss during Archaeology today, asking me to call him as soon as possible. My first thought was "Great, I need to come in early to take care of that 275 person breakfast buffet we had this morning", but that wasn't the case: Brandon has my back when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Instead, he was letting me know that Pasco would be short on dishwashers from Thursday to Tuesday and they wanted me to cover it. I think I was asked for specifically, but I'm not entirely sure. Still, whenever a dishwasher is needed the banqueteers are usually tapped, so it's surprising that I'm the one stuck with it. Regardless, I'll be working there Saturday and Monday.

I've never been in the Pasco Red Lion kitchen, but my friend Mike says it's a confusing place. Great. The dish washing machine they have there is supposedly new, but if it's anything like any dishwasher ever, I'll still have to clean everything before I send it through. So my co-workers in Kennewick don't have to worry about me not coming back.

I'm not looking forward to closing a different kitchen, or being a foreign exchange employee, but at least it's only two days. It's no fun being famous. /sarcasm

3 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Just remember Kelly;
What doesn't KILL you makes you STRONGER.

yeah, i know

tee hee hee

Jeff said...

REEEEAAAAALLLLYYYYY!!!!

I'll be here too. The "Pit" is not as confusing as you've heard. You'll know at least one person. Actually two, Julie.

Lisa Christine said...

Hope it's going okay so far.

enjoy the fame!