Thursday, May 7, 2009

Highly Inappropriate

"Kyle, sweety, could you come in here please? Your father and I have something important to talk to you about."
"Sure Mom, what is it?"
"Well, this is something your father and I have been talking about for a while now, and, well, we think you're old enough now for us to talk to you about it."
"It's not something bad is it?"
"Oh honey no, no it's nothing bad. It's just that, well, you see... you're-"YOU'RE ADOPTED! Haha, jinx! You owe me a coke Gloria! What?

Ah, Jinx. That beloved child's game where all you need to play is a quick mind, an even quicker mouth, and some foresight into what the other person is about to say. There are times however, when it's best to save this enjoyable diversion for a more appropriate time.

"Mr. Hayes, we've gotten back your test results, and..."
"Please, don't make me wait any longer. Just tell me."
"Well, the results are conclusive. You- "YOU HAVE CANCER! Jinx, you owe me a coke Dr. Lomez!"

"I'm sorry Mr. Ponier, but if you can't make the minimum payments we'll be forced to - "FORECLOSE ON MY HOUSE! Haha, jinx you owe me a... wow, that really sucks."
"Yes, it does."
"Hey shut up! You're still jinxed you jerk. And where's my coke!?"

So remember, Jinx is great for amusement during long car rides, casual banter with your close friends and even select casual work environments, but wanton use can have it's consequences.

2 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

I saw one of those commercials but I was barely paying it any attention. I noticed that there was something bizzare about it but I couldn't put my finger on it. I guess next time I'll actually watch it.

KaTrina said...

My stomach hurts I was laughing so hard trying to read this to adam.