Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Contest Results

I won.

Well, technically my pumpkin won.

The person doing the judging declared it the winner, but for some reason he decided to be fair and award every department a pizza party.

I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. Horseshit even! I seriously doubt that would be the case if catering or the front desk had won.

But the kitchen won. Not only that, it wasn't even carved by somebody who uses knives every day. It was carved by the dishwasher!

So, essentially, it was a moral victory. Which is about as close to losing as you can get while still calling it a win.

However, my boss and I decided that my pumpkin was just so awesome that it broke the contest and won every department a pizza party. I think I'll go with that one.

6 comments:

Heidi D said...

I hate those "contests" where either everyone wins, or the lame one that people feel sorry for wins. I always noticed that's how church "contests" were conducted. I learned early on either not to enter into them or just not to care.

But still, pizza's cool! :))

SuzanSayz said...

Kelly your pumpkin is by far the winner. I don't even need to see the others to know that.
I agree with David on the use of stencils. Even though we may have different reasons. I think stencils are just fine for making incredible looking pumkins. But as far as contests go, no way.
That would be like an art contest awarding the prize to someone who banged out a really nice paint by number piece, instead of the ones that were done completely by scratch, showcasing the artist's imagination, creativity, and originality.
Nothing done by patterns and stencils and such, (excluding sewing of course) will ever be better than even the crudest attempt, that shows outstanding originality.

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Way to go Kelly, you are the winner even if all those Loseres got be winners too!

Jeff said...

Phe-Nom-i-Nal!!

It sounds like the Costume Contests in elementary school where you make sure the lonely, left out children win something regardless of merit, just so they can have a win once in a while.

I've been to that hotel. I've worked at that hotel. I still know people who work at that hotel (other than you of course). The other departments are those lonely, left out children who really need a win. Your clearly superior ghastly gourd has provided that for them.

Take the spreading of the wealth as compliment to your creativity. Everyone benefits because you are great.

Just rub it in a little and tell them they better bring their "A" game next time.

Kelly said...

I've been saying "You're welcome" to some of the people from other departments, haha.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

You definitely broke the contest... That's the best way to look at it. And from the sound of it, it needed breakin'!