Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy

A week already? Ho-jeez... okay let's do this. (Does anybody else's spell check ding you on 'okay'?)

So by late April, I finally had a new job as a dishwasher and I was very happy. It required hard work and lacked any kind of contact with the public in general. Oh, getting access to money again was great too.

However, there was one thing I was looking forward to more than anything and I was a little worried that my new job might interfere with it. It almost kinda did, but after a mini emotional break down my old boss Mike gave me the time off I had requested. I felt kinda silly afterwards but with how the year had been going...

Simply put: KaTrina was coming to visit for a week, and nothing could keep me from spending as much time as possible with her! We agreed a while ago that since she'd be flying in, I would be her chauffeur so seeing her a lot wasn't going to be a problem. I wasn't much of a chauffeur though since she drove us nearly everywhere.

We did spend a lot of time together though. Nearly every available moment to us we were together. I was only expecting to see her the last four days she was here but we hung out every day! We went around to a lot of her favorite places around town like Shanghai, Aqua Tropics and Old Navy. Old Navy because she really enjoys picking out new clothes for me. I'm capable when it comes to dressing myself but KaTrina has a real fashion sense (thanks to Stacy and Clinton she says).

If we weren't around town we were at my or her house just hanging out. Now, my family loves KaTrina. My dad likes her too even though it's only until recently that she's accepted it. Me to KaTrina's family? Well, her younger sister Alyssa thinks I'm cool (the coolest Mormon at that) but I'm not exactly a household name over there, haha. So whenever I was over there I had to try and break out of my shy ways when around her father. I think I did an okay job but my dad has nothing on him.

There are seriously so many happy memories I have from that week that I don't think I could list all of them here. Well, I could, but I think it could possibly bore some of you after a while.

Saturday night I was taking her back to her house when she told me to drive past the road to her house. More than happy to oblige I kept going and after a couple minutes I realized we were going to Finley Elementary School: where we first met. After some reminiscing we were off again and made a few more stops to places that held memories we had together. After running out of those, we just drove around. All night actually.

We went to Walgreens to get something to drink, the mall to see it in the middle of the night, and to Clover Island Inn (where she used to work) to watch the sunrise. Around 4:30 or so, in the Clover Island Inn parking lot, we fell asleep in my car. Every ten minutes or so I'd wake up and be so happy to see that she was right there next to me.

The week she was here seemed to last so much longer than most other weeks seem to. When it was finally time for her to go I wasn't sad like I thought I would be. I wasn't thrilled that she was going so soon, but the time we spent together made me the happiest I'd been in a long time. So it kind of insulated me from feeling sad. Before I went to sleep that night I found a note that she had left me. I started to tear up as I read it over and over again but after about the 20th time, the tears went away and were replaced with a smile. I didn't think I'd ever cherish a piece of paper so much.

What was it? We both know what it says. That's enough.

One thing is certain, whenever I see her, I'm the happiest man in the world.

...hehe, old man.

Part three to come.

6 comments:

KaTrina said...

Aww I loved it.

I'm glad you didn't find that note until after I left, by the way. It was hard to hide it without you noticing!

Lisa Christine said...

Ah....I love a happy story.

OK...the note Kelly?? You mustn't hold out on us....please share...pretty please??

oh, and yes, KaTrina does have a great fashion sense....you look fab in the clothes she picked out.

Kelly said...

Well, it was a very lovely note that said everything I wanted to hear. We'll leave it at that :)

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I love this story of your past year Kelly. We had no idea what you were going through. I am glad, ummm, happy that you are happy once again. I can't wait to find out what was in that note! Awesome! oh and I speak for Mike also when I say that we would love to meet this Katrina you speak of.

The Donald said...

A chauffeur who doesn't do the driving...that is a new one.

KaTrina said...

Donald--

It was a new one to me, but I quickly realized it was the only way to insure my safety, and sanity, because when Kelly takes corners, I nearly wet myself.