Sunday, August 3, 2008

Therapeutic

I've always been resilient.

I tend to take things pretty hard
I've always come out stronger
I can feel the years of it wearing on me
I'm feeling the cracks in my armor...

The words I have heard
Have strengthened me
Allowed me to go that much farther
But the words from myself
They sabotage me
They want me to crash that much harder

The people I know
They care about me
Propping me up when I've fallen
I look at my feet
They're ignoring me
They prefer to be deaf when I'm calling

I know I should move
I know I can't sit here
I know that the world isn't waiting
I scream at myself
You know what you want
So why do you stand there debating?

You're better than that!
You know that you are!
Get moving! You still have some time...

It's not easy when you are your own harshest critic
To tear yourself down in the space of a minute

To be happy and smile, to pause and then say
"Why are you laughing? What's with you today?"

You don't get to be happy, you deserve to be sad
And here are some reasons you should prob'ly be mad...

Like I said I'm resilient
I always pull through
Though a little bit worse for the wear
I'm so lucky to have you
You're there when I need you
What helps me the most is knowing you care

That means all of you!

Don't worry, I feel better now :)

2 comments:

KaTrina said...

comment.

KaTrina said...

Deleting my comments?

...See if I leave you one again.