Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Umm, now what do we do?

I'm sitting here in my Political Science class and class started three minutes ago. Now hold on, let me explain why instead of listening to the exciting lecture about Presidential powers, I'm blogging about it. Well, to be precise, I'm blogging about the fact that the lecture is not happening at the moment.

The teacher isn't here.

I remember all through school there was a rumor that in college, if your professor didn't show up for 15 minutes, you could leave! Well, we've got another nine minutes to find out if it's true or not.

I know it's not, but it would be funny to have first hand proof of the validity of this rumor.

It's not going to happen though. Apparently the professor is just trying to get everything rounded up in his office before he comes into class. He'll probably show up any second now so I'm going to...

Okay, new development!

Some lady just popped her head in and said that if he wasn't here by 8:30 (half past?! didn't that lady know about the 15 minute rumor?!?!) we could all leave. After some mild disapproval from the class she concluded by saying she'd check back in if something else came up.

What else could come up? Either he shows up or he doesn't. Unless she has an RSS feed on him I don't see the point.

"He's still not here." she said calmly to the class.
"Yeah. We noticed." replied a smart mouthed upstart student from behind his laptop as he blogged.

No I don't think I'd do that. Then again I might not be the only student blogging about the lack of a professor right now. A quick scan of the room reveals this to be untrue so I might have to step up to the plate in regards to being a wiseass.

Two minutes to go now. Until the 15 minutes, not the half hour. One minute now. No, it didn't take me a minute to type those two quick sentences-

CLASS IS CANCELLED!!! Doesn't help me though because I've got the class after this. I'm just going to find an outlet and plug my computer in and keep surfing the internet.

Thanks for reading :)

4 comments:

Heidi D said...

Oh Kelly you cad. Very naughty indeed!

KaTrina said...

Ha. Lame. The 15 min. rule is true though. And now you know.

SuzanSayz said...

Too bad someone didn't do a Leonardo Dicaprio from "Catch Me If You Can" and get up and start teaching the class and pretending to be the new teacher. If that happens again you might want to consider Kelly. Hmm, I wonder what the reward for saving the day like that would be?

Lisa Christine said...

Woohooo! Those days were the best!