Saturday, February 21, 2009

Birthday Traditions - Movies

Not quite sure how it happened, but 11 years ago I thought it'd be a great idea to go see a movie for my birthday. What movie should I go see though?

I wanted to see Sphere, The Wedding Singer and Titanic, but I didn't know which one to choose. Then it occurred to me that it was my birthday. So why shouldn't I see two of them? And if I'm seeing two, why not all three?

It was a novel idea in that a lot of people questioned why going to see three movies was a good idea. Because it's not something you do, and it's my birthday.

So from then on it became my own tradition to go see two or three movies by myself for my birthday. I don't think I've missed a year which is kinda cool to think about :) Part of the fun is planning out what times I'll go see what movie. One movie may start earlier, but it might be really short and end way before the second movie starts so I'll have to re-organize. It helps to have a car so I won't have to limit myself to only one theater, so before I could drive my options were limited.

So, I go to the theater to watch movies for my birthday. Just one of my birthday traditions. I'll blog about my other two tomorrow and Sunday.

edit: and yes, I understand that Sunday is technically tomorrow given the time, but I don't consider the day having ended until I go to sleep, and the new day starts until I wake up.

4 comments:

Heidi D said...

I would love to see 3 movies in a row. I loved the Metro 4 because it was a 2 4 1. I like to see movies by myself as well, it's give you an interesting sort of independence.

SuzanSayz said...

Yes, it sounds like you were up way too late. Shawn has just informed me that he couldn't sleep because you were making too much noise pounding things. I can only assume he was reffering to you putting your new bookself together. Shame on you.
Also, did you know that I just bought the movie Sphere, for Shawn last week? If you can be a lot quieter he might let you watch it.

SuzanSayz said...

Yes I do realize that I misspelled referring.
Are you going to write about Slumdog Millionaire?

Janice Head said...

Years ago I saw The Addams Family all by myself on Christmas day, and thoroughly enjoyed it. (Then I got married and had other things to do on Christmas day)
ENJOY!!