Thursday, February 5, 2009

Question

Is there anything more painful than listening to teenagers philosophize with each other? Well yes I'm quite sure there are any number of tortures that easily outmatch it, but how often are we actually tortured like that?

As I'm writing this there's a group of three kids sitting in front of me and they're all having a conversation. Well, the kid in the red shirt is talking and the other two are nodding and confirming everything he's saying. So really, he's preaching and the choir is eating it all up.

Does he really think that's conducive? Where's the counterpoint in all of this? Who's playing devil's advocate while all this self aggrandizing is going on?

I would very much like to say something right now and burst his bubble, but I'm pretty sure that when he's older (and hopefully knows better) he'll realize how unwarranted his massive ego is.

Damn well better be, he's so annoying.



Nevermind that this is posted 12 hours after the fact. I had a class to go to and then papers to write :)

3 comments:

KaTrina said...

He's an art student, isn't he?!

SuzanSayz said...

Kelly, you know you're growing up, or at least getting older, when you notice just how obnoxious teenagers can be.

Heidi D said...

Oh, man. So many things that haven't been said to stupid people. I don't know where to put them all.