Monday, September 22, 2008

First Day of School

They taught us to share and be nice to each other. Then we all took a nap and had apple snacks.

Wow. That was over 20 years ago.

Today was much different. It was exciting! You wouldn't normally expect Politics, History and Psychology to get somebody ramped up, let alone myself, but I really can't wait to get into this stuff.

Also, as usual, my expectations were kind of off. I was expecting to get a huge assignment right off the bat, and bigger assignments every day until the end of the quarter. Going by the syllabi I was given, it's just going to be a matter of starting early and staying on top of everything. I can do that! Primarily because it's exciting to me and unlike myself in high school, I'm motivated to get everything done and do it well.

I'm going to bed now to get enough sleep for the long day I've got tomorrow. I'm going to work right after my last class and I'm closing. And with a 190 person banquet to clean up after, I really have no idea how long I'll be there for. Thankfully I have Wednesday off! Not to mention that my classes are only Monday - Thursday. And I've got Friday off!

I've been extremely busy since last Friday but I don't feel worn down (well, I kinda do, I've had a migraine all day and I feel like I'm going to throw up and die), I feel alive.

Again, weird huh?

6 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Kelly-
You are amazing! I think it's FABULOUS that you have gone back to school. I know that you will do well....motivation is a powerful thing. Keep up the good work. We are cheering for you!

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Congratulations!! I love success stories, and it feels like I'm reading one right now!

SuzanSayz said...

Kelly, I am just bursting at the seams I am so proud of you. Finally that great brain of yours is getting the workout it has long deserved.
Love Mom!

KaTrina said...

Everyone has already stated it so perfectly...All I could do is smile, and say 'i told you so', but that wouldn't be very nice of me, so I'll just smile instead.

=)

Anonymous said...

Good jorb Kelly. I am very proud of you! I hope you stay with it. I didn't know you had a blog, now that I do I will visit more often.

KaTrina said...

*Clears throat* Ahem...

I believe I'm waiting on another new post...I'm 5 ahead, thank you.