Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thiiiis close...

This is about the season premiere of The Office, so if you haven't seen it yet it's probably best if you don't read as there will be spoilers.

Or, y'know, you could go and watch the premiere right now and then there won't be any spoilers for you to worry about.

Alright, so now that that's out of the way:

As I'm sure we all know, the season four finale threw a (few) wrench(es) into the plan of Jim proposing to Pam. She might be moving to New York for three months and Jim didn't get to propose to her when he wanted to. Knowing how NBC likes to keep their shows running as long as possible, I knew that they would take any opportunity to wreck what Jim and Pam finally had.

So the fifth season premiere begins and Pam is indeed going to New York for art school, and Jim, while very supportive, isn't exactly happy that she's going to be 'gone' for three months (I put the " ' "s there because at least he can drive a few hours to go and see her. believe me, it could be worse). But that's not so bad. They love each other and nothing could come between that.

Except for some wise cracking jackass in Pam's art class that's making her laugh and obviously there to screw up what Jim and Pam went through so much for and I swear if this bastard comes between them I will never watch The Office again. I did it with Friends when Joey proposed to Rachel so I'd have no trouble this time.

Late in the episode Jim was talking to Pam on the phone at the office and Dwight kept interrupting. So Jim asked Pam to bring the conversation to IM where he asked her to meet him halfway at a gas station to have lunch with him.

'Well at least he's wanting to spend as much time as possible with her. Wow, it's really raining hard where that gas station is. Why didn't they park and just go ins- holy crap is he really-wow.'

He proposed, and she said yes.

I admit that I got a little misty eyed while I was pumping my fist in the air, happy that I wouldn't need to leave The Office.

Seriously, I was thiiiiiiis close.

4 comments:

KaTrina said...

blahblahblahblahblah...It's too bad I only read about 5 sentences of that... It's because I don't watch The Office. I have once or twice, and never really enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

I was a bit disappointed in the season opener. It was just kinds of like leftovers heated up.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember seeing a scene with Jim proposing to Pam, are you sure your not making that up?

Anonymous said...

If you are going to be lazy and not comment back on my comments, then I just might not comment any more. :P