Sunday, September 14, 2008

Stream of consciousness

I have to leave for work in about 8 minutes and while I really want to get a blog posted, I don't really have anything to write about. By the time I actually came up with something I'd be half way to work. However I've found that just writing usually gets the gears into motion and something eventually pops into my head. Well, either that or I ramble on for a few paragraphs and wonder how I was able to write so much when I had nothing to say in the first place...

Well, last night I watched No Country For Old Men on On Demand. I can definitely see why the film won Best Picture at the Oscars. It's a very well done, bleak and unforgiving movie. We all know how the Academy loves movies that are depressing and 'true to life'.

It probably didn't help that I watched the movie in the middle of the night and I didn't have anything to contrast the subject matter with. I couldn't look out at a beautiful day and realize that the world isn't that bad of a place, or talk to somebody and feel good about everything. It also really didn't help that once I went to bed, I'd be waking up and be worried about going to work.

See, every Sunday there's a breakfast buffet that draws quite a lot of people to it. Mostly families and old couples coming in after church or just there because it's something to do on a Sunday. As I've said before though I'm a dishwasher. Since I'm the only full-time dishwasher, I have to work every Sunday to clean up the dishes from this buffet. I've had to work every Sunday since late May/early June. I'm beginning to grow weary of every Sunday having to go in and work my butt off so I can get out of there before the sun starts to set. I go in at 12 by the way, and I leave when everything is finished.

I should really get going, but one more thing. Yesterday while driving to Casa Mia to meet up with Donald, Lisa and the girls, my mom and dad got into a little bit of an argument. I don't know why, but I couldn't help but smile and think of a certain someone that I get into arguments with sometimes too. Usually over some pretty minor things like dome lights or pronunciation. What made me smile is thinking about doing that same arguing some 32 years from now...

Weird huh?

4 comments:

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

Wash 'em up and make 'em shine!! :)

Oh, and I hope you're still having those little arguments in 32 years. Heck, I hope I'm still having them in 32 years! It's been almost 9 for me now, so I'm well on my way...

Thanks for the good stream of consciousness to get me thinking about stuff too!

KaTrina said...

its que-pawn.

SuzanSayz said...

Thank you so much for airing mine and dad's dirty laundry for everyone to see Kelly. Don't worry I'm just being funny. I see something really positive coming from your kitchen drudgery at Red Lion. You should be so motivated to do well at school because you know you don't want to clean dishes for the rest of your life!

KaTrina said...

I really like your moms comment.