Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Different Perspective

Years ago, when I was still in middle school, I would always be woken up by whatever music Donald was playing as he got ready for school. Most of the time he wasn't even in the room! But that's not what this post is about.

One of the albums that I remember being played the most was The Bends by Radiohead. I didn't really know this for the first month or so because I was too busy trying to sleep as it was playing. So while I did enjoy what singles Radiohead had released until then, I didn't exactly get off on the right foot with this album.

A couple months ago I bought the MP3 album from Amazon.com and only recently have I started listening to it and now I can't get enough. The weird/cool part is that when I first began to listen to it on purpose, I remembered nearly all of the songs on it. Not the lyrics though; Thom Yorke doesn't really like to enunciate all that much, and as I can't stress enough apparently, I wasn't fully awake the first time around.

I really really like this album though. I'm positive that the more I listen to it I'll end up loving it as much as some of my other favorite albums. As an added bonus, some of the songs on there are pretty easy to play and I've already learned a couple of them. What's funny, is I've been listening to it in my car as I drive to school in the morning and yes, while I'm tired.

3 comments:

KaTrina said...

What a mean big brother...


...I did the same to my little sister lol

Anonymous said...

He played that music to piss me off. That is how the hole in my bedroom wall was created.

SuzanSayz said...

Ah yes. The never ending "Morning Wars" I remember them well.
I'm glad that you found yourself liking an album that you had already bought.