Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sleep

I enjoy sleeping very much.

School and work have cut into this little hobby of mine recently but that's alright. Because while I do enjoy sleeping, being awake has taken more of a precedence.

A kind of dichotomy has been created.

While I'm awake, I don't look forward to going to sleep. It isn't until it's absolutely necessary that I finally drag myself to bed and pass out from a long day of school and dirty dishes. Because once I do fall asleep, I'll just wake up again and start the whole process over again.

It's not a bad process by any means. I love school this quarter and I really like my job too. Is it just the fact that I'm starting over in a way? I haven't lost any progress but sometimes it feels like I have.

Which is ridiculous.

I'm missing quite a bit to be sure, but I know that'll remedy itself in time.

So while I don't want the day to end as much as I don't want the day to begin, there's that time in between. While I'm sleeping obviously. Because while I'm sleeping, anything can happen. I can dream that everything is how it should be (more accurately, how I'd like it to be), and the impossible is possible.

I have the most vivid dreams of flight that it's a wonder I haven't figured it out in the real world yet. I'm with those that I love and there isn't anything to get in the way of that. I don't think I could properly convey my desire to stay where everything is perfect.

I can easily convey my displeasure at it being taken away, but who's to say that what I've woken up to won't be the day the dream becomes reality.

So is it the day I fear to wake up to, or the dream I hate to wake up from?

I hope that some day it will be neither.

That the only thing I will miss from my dreams is the long cherished ability to fly. And that what I wake up to will be better than any dream I may have.

3 comments:

KaTrina said...

I really enjoyed this post. But, It's funny you're talking about dreaming, because I came here to comment about a dream I had of you last night. I'm sure you've read my most recent post about video games; well, I had a dream that you posted about how video games are GOOD and why people like to play them to get away from every day life. I was livid lol

SuzanSayz said...

I enjoy my dreams too. I would say I probably have what most people would consider Nightmares more often than really happy dreams. And when I was younger I hated scary dreams, but now it's all just entertainment that I don't have to pay for, so mostly I like dreaming.

KaTrina said...

Hey everyone, I had to make it so my blog was read-by-invite only because of... some great things that happened, I'm sure you'll see it in a comment.

I'm not replying to the comment, because I don't want to start anything.

But, if you can't view my blog, please e-mail me at subsidethefears@hotmail.com with your e-mail and I'll get it taken care of.

Thanks,
KaTrina