Thursday, January 1, 2009

Work in progress

I heard a song tonight that really moved me and reminded me of the first songs that I wrote. Back then I wasn't trying to impress anybody or make a song that sounded good; I was just writing what came to me.

I've tried before to recapture the desire to just write and not care if it's catchy or smart or cool, but I haven't been able to stay in that mindset long enough to get a good base going. Fortunately I was just in the right mood to write without anything getting in the way of my words. I think what I managed to write came out really well and I'd like to share all of it with you.

I recorded myself singing it so I should have the music by tomorrow. I'd really like to get started recording the nice little backlog I've built up for myself. I'd really like to get a decent amount recorded and put them up on here via a playlist.

Soon :)

According to plan

If nothing ever goes the way you plan it
Wouldn’t it be better, if you lived without a plan?
To push aside the ones that try to lead you
Instead of meeting their demands
Just ask yourself if all you really want
Is to be grown up but not yet be a man

You can take your time
But is it worth the climb?
When you reach the top I’m sure you’ll have your answer
It’s a state of mind
But one you can’t define
And all you’ll know is that you’ve gotten what you’re after

You’ll realize
You’ll see it with your eyes
What started out as a disaster
Has proceeded as according to the plan

No comments: