Monday, July 28, 2008

Kelly's MySpace Blog Grab Bag Vol. III

Date Posted: Monday, April 21, 2008

Title: Kind of an obsession really...

Body:
Ever since the idea of time travel was brought to the forefront of my imagination thanks to Back to the Future, I've always been fascinated by it. Thinking of how it works, why it won't, the advantages, disadvantages until it branches out into how exactly time works. I'm usually at my speculative best when it's around 2AM and I'm half asleep.

Me and an old friend of mine would have conversations involving time travel, paradoxes caused by time travel, alternate realities caused by time travel and all kinds of weird stuff. Once we even got onto the subject of speed and acceleration and how people wouldn't be able to travel at the speed of light; that the acceleration alone would likely tear them apart. In a moment of genius I said "Well then take out the acceleration bit and there you go."

Forgive me though, for I've gone off topic. See what I'm talking about though? It's an obsession Anyway, I've always fantasized about reverting to a much younger age but retaining everything. Y'know, be who I am now but stuck in a 5 year old's body back in 1987. I would breeze through school and do all sorts of things differently. One thing in particular...

I was in the second grade when I performed in front of the whole school for the end of year talent show. I had a flimsy cardboard guitar I made for my music class project and I sang a song that I wrote. I was so nervous and horrified when I was playing that I couldn't hear anything but my feeble attempts to sing. Now that I know how to play the guitar and I've got a bunch of kick ass songs memorized, including my own, I would love to do that whole thing over. I'm told that everybody really enjoyed my 'performance' in the first place but I don't remember anything remotely like enjoyment from the crowd.

I'd get my parents to rent me an electric guitar and amplifier and I'd blow the lid off the joint! Hell yeah! The only hard part would be choosing which song to play. It'd probably be a Green Day song but I might bust out some Metallica or Led Zeppelin. Just imagine how badass that would be (for me) if that happened. Some random six year old rocking out in an elementary school gym, in front of the entire school, and kicking ass playing Master of Puppets, Basketcase or Stairway to Heaven. I know it'd impress Jordan Niles

Commentary: This is another recent blog entry. Again I was going to post a much older one but this caught my eye. You'll remember that my Mom posted a blog about me (that's a link. CLICK THE LINK!) and it touched on my first foray into music entertainment. You have no idea how long I've wished I could go back and do what I talked about up there.

I've had dreams where I was suddenly my younger self. Every time I would get right to work making my family's and my own life better. The time that elapses in these dreams varies from hours to days and it always sucks to wake up and find that it really was a dream. They're just so realistic.

ALSO: I posted a blog the same day, but a few minutes after midnight. It's nothing much. Just an awesomely hilarious quote from a show called Squidbillies on [adult swim]:

One of these things...
Current mood: ha ha

"So let's see. War, famine, death and... grasshoppers. One of those seems out of place now doesn't it?"

Dizzamn! Pestilence just got pwned!

2 comments:

KaTrina said...

stop posting things ive already ready lol

SuzanSayz said...

Tee Hee, an oldie but a goody. The only problem that I can see is you being able to get me and dad to spring for the guitar and amp rental.