Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Michael Scott

Of all the characters on The Office, I relate to Michael Scott the most. Well, let me clarify: I relate to Michael Scott because he acts how I used to when I was younger. I finally grew out of it when I was around 15 or so, but there are instances when I was 18 and 19 where I acted like Michael. These Michael moments (henceforth known as Scottisms) mostly revolved around situations regarding girls.

I was awkward as all hell around girls when I was younger (still am), and some of the things I would say and do make me cringe now whenever I remember them. So whenever I see Michael do something incredibly stupid in regards to a woman he likes, I get that double cringe going along with a feeling of 'oh man, I've done that too' thrown in for good measure.

Not just with women though! There are so many times I've witnessed Scottisms that unearth some repressed memory of mine that makes me laugh and feel like a complete idiot at the same time. Mostly it's when Michael expresses that he feels left out of something when he had no reason to be included! Like when Kelly got Ryan that traditional Indian outfit and Michael asked where his was. Now while that never happened to me exactly, there's been plenty of times I wanted to know why I didn't get one too (whatever that 'one' happened to be) when I shouldn't have expected it.

I think that if Michael had friends like I did when I was in school, he wouldn't be so awkward now. I mean come on, you've seen how normal he is when it's just him and Jim talking to each other. He's just so worried about being cool and everybody's friend that he can't help but come off as a dumbass with no regard for other's feelings. Which is totally not true. He cares for everybody in the office... he's just really really awkward.

Like me!

I see not everybody has voted on my poll. You should take a few seconds and do that. PS.

oh no i di'n't

3 comments:

KaTrina said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.


...Oh stinking goodness...ps.

SuzanSayz said...

Yes I can verify that you have been known for doing some pretty strange things. I credit that to you being dad's son.
I don't see any poll BTW, all I see is a short little notice that you are going to do a poll. If you want people to respond to something like that Kelly, you need to make it a lot more user friendly.

Mike 'n' Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

umm... it's on the right side, below the picture and the profile.

MAYBE if your monitor is set at a stone-age 800x600 you need to scroll to the right to see it?? ;)