Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Still earlier than expected, but I've always been anxious

Wikipedia has the following to say about friendship:

Friendship is a term used to denote co-operative and supportive behavior between two or more beings.

It says a lot more about it, but any college student worth his salt knows that Wikipedia isn't exactly where you go for any kind of definitive information. While it is true that friendship is, at it's core, two people that support each other, this is an oversimplification.

Friendship is about the commitment to and caring for someone you feel closer to than anyone else. You would do anything for them whether they asked you to or not. You love them unconditionally. You are there for them when they need you. It could be a ride home from work, or a desperate phone call at 3 in the morning. You don't feel burdened, but happy that you are there for them.

The best part is that your friends feel the same way. They know you better than you know yourself sometimes. They know that you will have your good days, your off days, your bad days and your 'I honestly don't know what the hell I'm even doing anymore!' days. They stick with you no matter what, always calling just one more time to try and help you.

If you ever get a friend like that, you are not to let them go. You are not to push them away. They are there for you.

If you have a friend like mine, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.



I'm sorry that I deleted the post I made about us KaTrina. What I said in it came out so naturally and I feel terrible that I can't get it back up on here.

Now, not to be all secretive, but what's happened is between KaTrina and I. I doubt I'd be able to properly explain all that's happened in such a short period of time without a smidgen of breakdown poking through anyway. So please, if you're going to comment, just comment on how nice of a post this is and that we're lucky to have each other as friends*. You could almost consider our friendship an accident, which makes it even more meaningful. I actually wonder how many people actually know that story besides KaTrina and I.

Oh well, another time I'm sure.



*otherwise I'll have to be a totalitarian ass and delete it. and i'm too worn out to do that

6 comments:

Kelly said...

well i didn't say nobody could comment

KaTrina said...

Thank you.



...Better?

Kelly said...

djes

Cindy Brinkerhoff said...

I don't know the story but hope that someday, when the time is right you will share. Right now, I am just glad to know that you and Katrina share a special friendship and that you are happy! I know how wonderful it is to be with your best friend, the one you describe!

Nice Post!

Janice Head said...

I'm totally confused, but I like the picture, even if it does look like it was taken in a bathroom.

Kelly said...

It was. We were modeling our new purchases.